INTRO

Ok, I feel like I have some explaining to do. Should we feel sheepish about starting a blog? Well I can assure you we do. However, after some talk with freinds we've been encouraged to write our shallow, sometimes obvious, but occaisionally intelligent observations on this blog. We write mostly about the Utah Jazz, since that is our major interest, but other stuff too.

Sean and Jake

Friday, March 5, 2010

USA vs CANADA

I am a United States citizen living in Canada. I have been up here 2 years in a row playing basketball and going to school. While I will admit that I love it up here, I found myself in a very awkward situation last Sunday. I found myself watching the USA-Canada hockey game, for Olympic gold, with a room full of Canadians. In case you didn't know, hockey is life up here.

It was 2-1 as time began to run short and no one spoke a word. I was on the edge of my seat. It was a very exciting vibe as the U.S. tried desperately to score the tying goal. Under a minute and the tension in the room was incredible. The U.S. pulled the goalie and began taking shots on net, each one more desperate than the last. I had never watched a hockey game with such anticipation. Then suddenly, with 24 seconds left, Karise scored the goal that tied the game.

I was obvioulsy caught up in the moment. Used to watching sports games with my rowdy freinds, I jumped up and shouted "YEAH BABY, WHOOOO!" I even kind of half extended my arm over to give my father-in-law a high five, but his face said it all. I had better shut my trap and sit down. As quickly as I jumped up I sat down and folded my arms. Inside I was still cheering though. When we lost in overtime I was actually really sad. Had the U.S. pulled it off though, I may have been on the wrong end of a classic hockey beat-down. Gotta love sports.
Sean


THE JAKE FACTOR

I have a lot of respect for Canada. After all, every great nation needs a top hat. I am an American that would like to visit Canada someday, but would not be as dishonorable to my country, as Sean is, as to call it my new home. I think of Canada as one great big strainer doing a tremendous service to the United States, by straining all the good Canadians down to the U.S. who end up living their whole lives down here. I'm talking about some of our best actors, athletes, musicians, and some of my favorite comedians.

This just in! The score is 6 to 7 for U.S. when you put both hockey games together.

Please don't take me too seriously, especially if you are Canadian or half Canadian like Sean.
Jake

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean, I don't blame you for freaking out!! I was jumping around my house! But that was very funny!! This is Tyler, lyndsie's hubby.

    ReplyDelete