INTRO

Ok, I feel like I have some explaining to do. Should we feel sheepish about starting a blog? Well I can assure you we do. However, after some talk with freinds we've been encouraged to write our shallow, sometimes obvious, but occaisionally intelligent observations on this blog. We write mostly about the Utah Jazz, since that is our major interest, but other stuff too.

Sean and Jake

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

JAZZ-BULLS, March 9



SEAN'S SPLIT
First of all, I just busted a classic embarrassing moment. I walked into Little Caesars to buy myself a pizza, and the girl looks at me and says, "What can I get for you?" For some reason my mind translated that as how are you? so I pulled out the "Good, how are you doing?" It was a very awkward moment as we then shared a nice stare. Then I realized what happened and made my order.

On to the Jazz. That game was sweet. A couple weeks ago I was involved in an argument on who was better, Deron Williams, or Derrick Rose. I'll let the #2 play on sportscenters top ten do the talking this time(check out the picture above). What a game for D-will. 28 points and 17 assists. Wow!

On a side note, Deron Williams apparently reads our blog. He came out and within the first few minutes had knocked down a few outside jump shots. This opened up the pick and roll and it was working all night.

Taj Gibson made a good case for player of the game tonight. His box score? 13 Min played. 0-0 fg's. 1 Rebound. 0 Assists. 0 Steals. 0 Blocks. +/- was -10. 3 Turnovers, and 6 fouls. Yes, that's right, 6 fouls.

I did that once, I fouled out in like ten minutes. I had 4 offensive charges. My coach wanted us to take it strong to the hoop. I followed the game plan. Shout out to my Coach, Mike Hansen.

Deron Williams is the Jazz's best on ball defender. He is very underrated as a defender. I think he's better than Wes Matthews.

Jazz have been killing it in the 4th quarters lately. I did some research. In the last 5 games the Jazz have outscored their opponents 165-104 in 4th quarters. They've been scoring and average of 33 points in those quarters. Even more impressive is the 20.8 average they've been holding their opponents to in those quarters. That's great defense. To put it in perspective, if a team were to do that for a whole game, the final score would be 132-83.

In other news, Kobe hits his 6th game winner this year. Sucks for the Raptors, I knew he would hit that one, no way is he missing two game-winners in a row. Bosh hit a clutch three but made the ever-so-crucial mistake of leaving more than 1 second on the clock for Kobe to go to work. One thing I noticed thats kind of interesting, in Kobe's 6 game-winning shots this year, 5 of them were against sub-par/average teams. Heat, Bucks, Kings, Grizzlies, and Raptors. The one exception being the Celtic's.
Sean

Taj Gibson with the foul


JAKE'S JAM
I applaud you Taj Gibson, what a remarkable feat. I wonder if that is some sort of record. It makes me wonder if I could have had a better game tonight, if I were in his shoes. Maybe I could have at least made 1 assist, even just 1 field goal attempt. I divided his annual salary into 82 games and it turns out that he made about $12,680.49 tonight. For what? For getting in the game for 13 minutes and running around and fouling people. Amazing.

Great win for the Jazz tonight. They continued to hit three after three, which is just what we need to stretch it out for Boozer down low. C.J. was on fire tonight. In just 19 minutes he was, 9/12 shooting, 6/7 threes, 26 points, and 2 steals. The last Jazz man to score more than 25 points in less than 20 minutes was Darryl Griffith in 1987. I will intentionally leave out Miles' lack of rebounds and assists. It will be interesting to see what he does tomorrow night. Usually when he comes back from a good game he comes out forcing too many jumpers and hoisting up bad threes. Let's hope he keeps his cool.

Boozer had another semi-quiet game with 16 and 10. I'm going to predict he has a great game tomorrow against Detroit with Ben Wallace out. Let's say...26 and 17.
Jake

3 comments:

  1. I love your awkward moments sean. haha. You must've felt so sheepish in Little Caesars. And I love that you guys commented on Taj's botch. What a horrible game. I hope his family and friends and teammates told him how awful that was. Shows that there is no skill when a player has to foul over and over on defense just to get a stop. Awful. And way to go Jazz for the pull away in the fourth. :) keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. alright sean being around you just makes me have an awkward sense about everything... lol. but as for the jazz game i fell asleep after the first quarter sometime but it looked like they had really good movement with the ball, alot better than most game, they were opening up oppurtunities to drive the lane and when the defense collapsed they found the open man. I agree that the pick and roll was very effective, the bulls didnt know what to do with it. Kobe still has it, i dont care if those game winner buzzer beaters were against average teams or not, the shot he had to take in order to win that game... well he had 2 guys right up in his grill and he still managed to sink it, and he was fading baseline... i dont know about you guys but kobe isnt as strong from the baseline, that is a very hard shot well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey whats up sean and jake. thanks for checking out my blog All Things Sports, just returning the favor.

    i need to get this out there: for the next three months (until John Wall arrives), Deron Williams is the best point guard in the NBA. He's every bit the playmaker chris paul is, a better shooter, and (here's the key) he's a far far far superior defender to cp3, derrick rose, nash, et. al.

    by the way everyone, when you're done here make sure you check out www.arjun-allthingssports.blogspot.com for candid and insightful analysis. thanks for checking out the blog sean!

    ReplyDelete