INTRO

Ok, I feel like I have some explaining to do. Should we feel sheepish about starting a blog? Well I can assure you we do. However, after some talk with freinds we've been encouraged to write our shallow, sometimes obvious, but occaisionally intelligent observations on this blog. We write mostly about the Utah Jazz, since that is our major interest, but other stuff too.

Sean and Jake

Thursday, March 18, 2010

GREAT START TO MARCH MADNESS


Alex Tyus of Florida

MADNESS DAY 1
I am writing this at 351 am. After laying in bed from 1-330, unable to sleep, I decided to write this post. I cant help it. I truly wish I was asleep. I went to bed last night at 2 am, and woke up today at 930 am. I got less than 8 hours of sleep. I didnt have a nap either. So can someone please explain to me how I am unable to fall asleep and am wide awake at almot 4 am? Whatever....

First of all, lets give credit where credit it due. For a BYU team to come out and play well through 2 overtimes was big. Especially with this guy lining up next to you. THAT, is composure!

Meet Alex Tyus, of Florida sporting the really long cornrow/dreads, receding hair line, and tying it all together with a nice headband. How do you even begin to focus when you find yourself squaring up against this guy? I couldn't quit chuckling when he air balled a three toward the end of the game. Even now I just chuckled writing that.

BYU almost choked a few times. Blew a 13 point lead, and I was ready to hate Jimmer Fredette when he turned the ball over with 20 seconds left. Why would he push the ball ahead of his teammates into a double team? Why not just stop, and hold for the last shot? I guess it worked out ok in the end.

He's gonna get a lot of recognition if he keeps this up. Billy Donovon (Florida coach) already said he impacts the game more than anyone in college baksetball, including John Wall. Basically he said, you don't have to worry about Wall or anyone else they've played droppin 50, or shooting 20+ free throws. Thats a pretty sweet compliment.

It was an incredible first day and I can only hope the 2nd day is similar. 7 games decided by one possession and 3 overtime games. You can't ask for anything better than this. Just wish I had a freind to watch with......but for now its just me and this old bag of BBQ chips which are getting grosser with every bite.
Sean

ps-A special thanks to the following teams who botched it today, and didnt help my bracket. UTEP, Notre Dame, and Marquette. Luckily I didnt have Georgetown past the 16. Some upsets nobody picks, like Ohio over G-town.

2 comments:

  1. Boo Radley J. Robinson said:
    Sean I'm creating a list of rules to go along with your blog.
    Rule #1: NEVER start a blog unless you're willing to take crap for it
    (You are, hence the explanation and dedication// Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your blog and demonstrate that in the fact I read and comment)
    Rule #2: NEVER admit you can't fall asleep because you're thinking about your blog
    Rule #3: NEVER chuckle while writing a post to your blog
    Rule #4: NEVER eat OLD BBQ chips

    ReplyDelete