INTRO

Ok, I feel like I have some explaining to do. Should we feel sheepish about starting a blog? Well I can assure you we do. However, after some talk with freinds we've been encouraged to write our shallow, sometimes obvious, but occaisionally intelligent observations on this blog. We write mostly about the Utah Jazz, since that is our major interest, but other stuff too.

Sean and Jake

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Worst Game of the Year


WOW! Its funny how my reaction last night was also WOW! The difference? Last night was the most entertaining game of the year. Tonight? Let me just say my friend Candice put it best when she said "How can the Jazz ruin my whole night?"

One night after scoring 140, the Jazz cannot manage to hit 100. 1 night after having guys energized, and diving on the floor, and hitting any open shot, they cant catch a pass, grab a rebound, or find the energy to even close out on a wide open shooter. One night after the best game of the year, the Jazz manage to play to worst one of the year.

PATHETIC!

That is the only word I have for it. It is so frustrating how unable the Jazz have been to capitalize this season. Every time the Jazz have stood alone in 2nd place in the west (3 times), we have lost our very next game, twice to non-playoff teams.

I know what some of you are thinking. "It was a back to back, and on the road, and they got in at 4am."

Excuses. Guess what, the Rockets played on the road last night. I don't care what the situation is, even if they pulled an all-nighter, you would expect professional athletes to at least make a crucial, important game like that one competitive. That's not too much to ask. Leave it all out there.

I couldn't stand watching Memo make lazy fouls, not even try to play defense, and jack up jump shots. I couldn't stand watching a 6'6 Chuck Hayes (smallest center in the NBA) out-rebound Boozer and Millsap. Mostly I couldn't stand how I knew the game was over in the 1st quarter. I'll tell you what, I think Ronnie Price is a below average player. He can't shoot, and is not very smart with the ball. The reason I love him? He gives it 100 percent all the time. He is not afraid on anyone, including the Lakers, and I wish all the players had that attitude. It's just so frustrating watching guys like Chase Budinger, Luis Scola, Kyle Lowry, and Jared Jeffries, outplay Carlos Boozer, Deron Williams, and Memo Okur.

Oklahoma City was delayed leaving Salt Lake last night as well, due to the weather, but managed to play a very close game with Denver.

I don't know what the problem is. It could be coaching, or focus, or leadership, or guys just not wanting it bad enough. Whatever the case,they owe the fans at least some effort. I understand these games happen in such a long season, but in such a tight race, with so much on the line, in the final week of the season? Inexcusable. I will only forgive them for this one if we win out, and still take the 2nd seed.
Sean

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see my wife getting some recognition. She's a true Yazz fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean you always tend to be pretty harsh on the Jazz after they lose....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to Jake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. was the rockets game really that bad....strange.

    by the way everyone when you're done here check out www.arjun-allthingssports.blogspot.com for candid and insightful analysis. my nfl draft breakdown is up, it's a must read

    ReplyDelete